View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Quite a sight! 

Post Quite a sight!
Was out on a quick weekend hike with the lady at Runyon Canyon in LA (Adrifter, you probably know it). Suddenly I heard the familiar roar of multiple radial engines overhead. I look up and low and behold, I shit you not, a B-29 flies almost directly overhead and turns up the coast headed for the Camarillo Air Show. Didn't have a camera but stood there in awe until it disappeared from sight. Any of you guys make it out to that show?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 am

Post Re: Quite a sight!
That's awesome. I really wanted to see that B-29 when it was at Bob Hope last weekend but I never got a chance. Where is it now? I'd definitely like to see it if it is still in southern California.

However, last weekend I flew in a Stearman over Runyon canyon, and all along the hills, all the way west to Malibu. Turns out the owner also owns the B-17 and B-25 at Lyon Air Museum. He was flying his B-25 at Chino last year, and he said he will be flying it again at Chino this year. Look out for it, the tail number is 429465.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 am

Several years ago, I was driving with the family south of Ocean City, MD, and happened to glance toward the small airport outside of the city. I was amazed that I kept the car under control when I saw a B-25 coming in for a landing (it was Dragon Tail in the green paint). The rest of the family was too tired to tolerate me turning around for a better look. I told them I need a new family.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:29 pm
Webmaster

Well if it was a B-29, it had to be Fifi...I think that is the last one in the air.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]