View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
ThirstyDog Application 

Post ThirstyDog Application
Hello 14./JG5,

I am interested in joining your squad. I flew with Crash a couple of nights ago, and spoke with some of you last night on Teamspeak after your mission. I have heard really good things about 14./JG5, and from talking to squad members and from what I've read on the website, I'm totally convinced that's true.

Some personal info about me:

I've been playing IL2 for about 2 years now, but have played various flight simulators since the rise of the personal computer. I have never played in a squad setting, but it seems really fun. I could see myself really getting into the dynamic campaigns being played on Ghost Skies. I'm certain I would be able to improve my flying and fighting skills immensely by flying with you folks. Really, it's hard to pin down one area I'd like to improve by flying with the squad, as I know they all need improvement. But, I'll take a stab and say cooperative tactics, gunnery, and smoother landings.

I am certianly not the world's best pilot (as I'm sure Crash will atest), but not the worst by any means. I can be pretty streaky - flying really well and smart, with (relatively) good aim at times, and then somehow losing my mojo for a while. I much prefer to fly full switch, and I'm pretty good at identifying aircraft (espcially Euro theater) from afar. I'm good at full switch navigation, but I can't say I've never missed my target or gotten lost before. I tend to prefer 109's and 190's, and am pretty strong in the Spit. But since I fly a lot on dogifight servers, I really mix it up (I always take the side with the smaller team) and fly the PTO planesets as well. I usually fly fighter sorties, but defintely mix in jabo, and even some level bombing every now and again. So, I think I bring a pretty well-rounded resume to the table. I feel I could be a good wingman/teammate, as I am competitive and like to win, but certainly give personal achievement a backseat to the team. I consider myself level-headed, which usually is an asset.

My name in the real world is Gian (pronounced "John"). I'm 34 with a wife, a 4 year old daughter, and two dogs (one of them is always very thirsty). I'm an electrical systems engineer for a small company, and I live in the Bay Area, CA. I'm into history, both military and otherwise, ancient to recent. Of course, I am into WWII history, especially the air war, and aviation in general. Although I've wanted a pilot's license since I was about 10, I've only once (quite recently) flown a small aircraft. Life has other plans sometimes. Other interests include hiking, fishing (full salmon season just opened here in CA!), photography, and rippin it up on the drums.

So, my interest in joining 14./JG5 is high. My only real concern with joining is my availabilty for regular mission attendance. I have a unique position at a growing company that expects a lot from its employees, and I lack any redundancy in the majority of my workload. That means long hours, especially when projects are coming due (which happens often). Furthermore, based on experience, the 6:30pm PST opening bell for the missions could often to overlap time when I'm either still working, or getting my little girl dinner and ready to bed. Crash and I spoke about this and he suggested I give it a try and see how things go.

I'd be honored if you would consider me for adimittance to 14./JG5, and see if I can help win some campaigns.

Best Regards,

ThirstyDog

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 am
CO

Post Re: ThirstyDog Application
Welcome TD, and welcome to our home. As with all applications, we will vote as a squad to accept prospective members into a probation period. I will let you know as soon as I know.

~S~

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks Crash,

I look forward to hearing from you.

-TD

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:28 am
CO

Application approved for a probationary status! I've updated your callsign as per your request.

Welcome aboard!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]