View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Bad Azz App! 

Post Bad Azz App!
I am writing you to inform you that I am wanting to be a part of something special and that I believe 14./JG5 is just that! I would like 14./JG5 to be my future home and that very place which will cement me into a competitive, challenging, and most of all family oriented based squadron. I believe this is the place for me!

Personal Info:

My real name is Tom and for now I am Living in Augusta Ga. (only due to the US Army) but will soon be moving to the North West to Boise Idaho. I am 34 years old and have lived a very interesting life let me tell you, lol. I have done a lot of things in my life so far that most people will have never done in their entire life, some good and some bad but there is nothing I have done that I regret!

Flying is always something that I have loved wether it be in real life or virtual. When I was 8 years old till I was 14 years old I used to wash ww2 airplanes at Galespy field in San Diego California for the local pilots who used to travel around the world for airshows and such. In exchange for me washing the aircrafts they would each take me up flying with them in there historic planes and eventually tought me how to fly. I have aquired 82 hours of flight time behind the stick of some really amazing aircraft such as the AT-6 Texan, Super Speedmail stunt Biplane, Sesna Skywagon, and a converted F6F-5 Hellcat with the armor plate removed to be used as a trainer. I even had the luxory of flying many times in the jump seat of a P-51D Mustang that you may have heard of which goes by the name of Pegasus (earlier known as De'Javu) flown by the late Bill Speers! Unfortunately my good friend Bill was killed in 1994 when his P-51 crashed next to the east-west runway after engine failure sprayed his windshield with oil at the 94 Reno National air races just after setting the record for the fastest P-51 lap speed ever. One week before that crash while I was with Bill was the last time I was behind the stick of an aircraft. There is a lot about me that I am willing to share if you ask but some I can not share on here or online so feel free to ask on comms about anything, I am a very honest and open person and have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Why I would like to join 14./JG5:

Other than the resons I listed above in the first part of my app I would have to say that flying with you all over the past year and a half or almost 2 years now I think its been in Ghost Skies, I really enjoy flying with each and every one of you. As you may already know I have been flying with BH for 6 years now and I love them as family and have nothing bad to say about them at all, they are great people and wonderful friends of mine and always will be but I feel it is my time to move on now and be a part of something that I believe will be very beneficial to both myself and 14./JG5. I love the way you all work as a team and put the team first above all and that (along with other things) is something I value tremendously!

What I bring to the Team, and where do I want to focus my efforts to improve my skills:

I am very much a team player and will do my part in helping however it may be to benefit the team. Not only am I a team player but I am a very loyal squad member and you can assure that I will be around for the long haul. I would like to think of myself as a pretty darn good pilot most perticularly in the fighter category but I am not bad at bombing in a fighter as well. Flying bombers is my weakness I would have to say because I do not spend much time flying them as I find it rather boring to be honest but I am willing and wanting to learn in that category none the less. Now as far as being a good fighter pilot goes, that is as long as my computer isnt freezing all the time due to a not so great pc which gives me horrible frame rates while flying the first 20 minutes of each GS match unfortunately. HOpefully here soon that will all be fixed because I am planning on getting a new pc built so that I will not have this problem any longer :)

Criteria

I can pretty much commit to being there on most squad nights with of course with the exeption of real life things that need to be taken as 1st priority meaning family or medical issues. Unfortunately I have more time on my hands than I would like due to Breaking my back and my neck in 5 places, rupturing 3 disks, and severing several nerves due to being hit by a drunk driver. With that said I have a lot of treatment and time that needs to be free for those things but I will be sure to let you know my status as we go further so that everything is clear when I am unable to make it to certain GS matches and such. Well... I am not much for typing a lot or going on and on about things so I hope that this is sufficiant enough. With that all said I bid you a <SALUTE> and shall see you in the skies :)

The One & Only...
BadAzz :mad:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile YIM
CO

Post Re: Bad Azz App!
Thanks BA! It's been a pleasure flying with you in Ghost Skies. We'll let you know ASAP.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Quote:
I am writing you to inform you that I am wanting to be a part of something special

I have a special place for you. It's right down the street. Come into my car and I'll show it to you. Unicorns and all!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:58 pm
CO

Request accepted. You've been granted a 2 week probation. I'll send you a PM with all the specifics.

Welcome aboard!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Thank you Gents! I am excited about being a part of such a great squadron and group of people :tu:
I look forward to flying with you all :pilotgrin:

The One & Only....
14./JG5~BadAzz :mad:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:23 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]