View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
The French are psychic!! 
CO

Post The French are psychic!!
A year before I joined the Navy I worked for a furniture distributor in Sacramento. About 8 months into the job I was doing well and making a name for myself. The owner, Don, told me he had decided to expand the lines he offered to include overseas stuff. He had some contacts in Paris, so decided to start there to explore the European markets. Much to my surprise, he offered me the chance to come with him. I jumped at the opportunity!

After arriving in Paris Don had some meetings, so he set me loose to explore the city. I walked around a while, and found a small bistro to relax. Since I was 19, I decided to have a glass of wine. I'm not really a fan, but when in Paris...

Well, the small place was getting pretty crowded. A gorgeous girl came up to my table and asked me something in French, which of course I had no clue, but she also motioned to sit down. That's when I noticed that the other chair at my table was the only vacant seat in the house, so I motioned for her sit down. I tried to speak to her in English, but she 'no habla'. So brilliant me, I took a napkin and drew a picture of a wine glass and showed it to her. She nodded, so I ordered a glass of wine for her.

After sitting together for a while, I took another napkin, and drew a picture of a plate with food on it, and she nodded. Since the bistro didn't have much of a food selection, she came with me and we found a quiet cafe right down the street with a small band playing some soft music. We ordered dinner and quiely ate. Then I took another napkin and drew a picture of a stick-figure couple dancing. The girl nodded, so we danced, and danced, and danced. I guess since we couldn't speak, we might as well just dance. We danced until the cafe was about to close and the band was packing up. We sat back down at our table and she took a napkin and drew a picture of a four-poster bed!

To this day I still can't figure out how in the hell she knew I was in the furniture business!!

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]